Mediators are neutral third parties. The sessions are confidential and the mediator cannot talk to the judge or anyone else about what happened during those sessions.
June M. Peterson-Gleason is an experienced mediator from the Law Offices of Thaddeus M. Bond, Jr. & Associates. Mediation has the following benefits:
- The process is private. Only the people actually involved in the conflict, those who represent them, and those who are needed to resolve the problem should attend.
- Participation is voluntary. No resolution can be forced on any participant. Any resolution is by mutual agreement.
- The people involved control the outcome of the mediation. People are responsible for their conflict and choosing their own solutions.
- Informed choices are made. The people involved must have enough information with which to make informed decisions about their conflict's resolution.
June manages the process, but has no stake in or ability to decide the outcome of the dispute. Our mediation attorney:
- Provides a comfortable facility to meet if needed
- Assists with getting the correct people into the meetings
- Manages emotions
- Helps to ease communication
- Provides for the safe, constructive exchange of information
- Reminds the people involved that the agreement must be mutually acceptable
- Reality-tests the plan and, if necessary, documents the agreement
- Keeps the focus on problem-solving
- Teaches negotiation skills
- Ensures the process keeps moving
Call our law firm today at (847) 599-9101 to find out if our mediation services can help you resolve the dissolution of your marriage in an efficient, agreeable manner.