Serving Waukegan, Libertyville, Lake County, Gurnee & nearby areas of Illinois
We realize that getting divorced can be an emotional, time consuming and expensive promises. For some couples, a joint simplified dissolution of marriage may make the process easier. To qualify, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Both spouses agree; this is a joint petition you will file together
- Neither spouse is economically dependent on the other
- There exist irreconcilable differences between the parties
- One of the parties has lived in Illinois for at least 90 days
- You do not have any children
- You have been living apart for at least six months
- You have been married for less than eight years
- You do not own any real estate
- The total market value of your marital property is less than $50,000, the combined gross annualized income from all sources is less than $60,000, and neither party has a gross annualized income from all sources in excess of $30,000
- Neither party may have an interest in “retirement benefits” unless they are held in an IRA and the combined value of the accounts is less than $10,000
If you meet these criteria, the divorce attorneys at Thaddeus M. Bond Jr. & Associates, PC can help you complete the joint simplified dissolution of marriage process for a reasonable fee. Before the court will accept your dissolution of marriage, you and your spouse must agree on a division of all assets worth more than $100. This agreement will be prepared by an attorney and be set down in writing and submitted to the court. It must address how you will handle your marital debts.
Do you qualify for a joint simplified dissolution of marriage? Divorce laws are complicated, and the joint simplified dissolution is no exception. You should speak with a dissolution attorney at Thaddeus M. Bond Jr. & Associates, PC. He or she will determine if you are eligible for a joint simplified dissolution of marriage.
If you’re a resident of the Lake County area and you’re considering a joint dissolution of marriage, please contact Thaddeus M. Bond Jr. & Associates, PC for a free consultation.