Serving Waukegan, Libertyville, Lake County, Gurnee & nearby areas of Illinois

In Illinois, supporting a minor/dependant child is an obligation of both parents. Generally speaking, the parent with residential care of a child is supporting the child by providing shelter, food, clothing, schooling, medical and related needs for the child. The parent with whom the child visits pays a percentage of his or her income to the residential parent toward the support of the child. In Illinois, the legislature has set forth a minimum statutory guideline for payment of child support based upon the number of children a couple is supporting. A court may deviate above or below these guidelines upon the showing of a need for such a deviation. If you are unsure whether the proper amount is being paid, feel free to contact our experienced family law attorneys.